Mineral Sunscreen recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation
It is officially my favorite season of the year and from one beach mama to the next, I’m here to share my summer essentials including mineral sunscreen for the whole family. Living in Southern California where the sun is pretty much always shining, sunscreen is a daily requirement.
Do you like looking a red lobster? Do you want skin cancer? I’m going out on a limb here but pretty sure your answer is a big fat no. Now that I have your attention, let’s take a minute to talk about why sunscreen should be at the top of your summer essential list.
As a freckled fair skinned child, my mom made it clear that no sunscreen meant no water. Skin cancer touched my family when I was about 10 years old and my dad was diagnosed with skin cancer on his back. Seeing my dad in pain and the aftermath of skin grafts and years of cancer screenings, I won’t leave home without my sunscreen. Just a few years ago, my brother was also treated for skin cancer due to his endless surf sessions without reapplying sunscreen. Skin cancer is real but guess what, we can do something each day to protect our bodies!
I could write for days about all the brands I have tried from waterproof to sweat proof to all-natural organic products. I was not loyal to any one brand, but I admit I loved the cutesy bare bottomed baby on that one popular bottle. Once I had my daughter, I truly cared more about what touches her skin and mine and so began a ton of research on body care including sunscreen.
There is now only one option for my family, Young Living’s Mineral Sunscreen. I was already stoked about this sunscreen but now I’m jumping up and down because it now comes in SPF 50!
This mineral sunscreen is in a class of it’s own. What makes this sunscreen stand out from the rest?
- Recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective broad-spectrum sunscreen
- Blocks UVA and UVB rays
- Made from naturally derived plant and mineral based ingredients
- Formulated without UV chemical absorbers, parabens, phthalates, petrochemicals, synthetic preservatives, synthetic fragrances, or synthetic dyes
- Contains non-nano zinc oxide, a physical barrier to prevent sunscreen without being absorbed in the bloodstream
- Infused with 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils: Helichrysum, Lavender, Myrrh, Cistus, Ylang Ylang, Carrot Seed, and Sacred Frankincense
- Water- and sweat-resistant for 80 minutes (rule of thumb for me, apply hourly)
- Reef safe! You can help protect our marine life when you use this product
My friends, do your research and compare brands. There are so many products out there but nothing quite like the one in my bag. Questions about this sunscreen, ask away.
P.S. – Subscribe to my blog so you don’t miss any of the upcoming summer essentials posts.